Re: files.el: Patch to make project-settings optional/customizable

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: files.el: Patch to make project-settings optional/customizable
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 09:45:00 -0700

Dan> If no, what is the advantage of having this name customizable?
Dan> What happens if different projects using different names?
Dan> It seems that it would just bring in complications...

Yes, this makes the feature less useful, by making it not work
automatically across projects.

Before making any change here, I would ask that people go read the
several long threads about the naming of this file first.  I don't
recall if this particular idea was discussed, but I do know that the
current code was the outcome of a lot of back-and-forth.

Tom