Re: Isearch in dired

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Isearch in dired
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2008 19:26:47 -0500

    > It would be useful for isearch in a dired buffer to match only file
    > names by default.  I think this would be a good feature -- if we can
    > come up with a natural way to request ordinary search of the entire
    > buffer.

    Emacs 23 has the M-s f C-s (dired-isearch-filenames) command which does
    just that,

It was reading about M-s f C-s that led me to raise this issue.
That interface is inconvenient, and most people won't remember it exists.

That's why I'm suggesting we look fo a cleaner and simpler interface.
And we now have a good suggestion.