Re: Changes to windows.texi

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Changes to windows.texi
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2008 22:54:09 +0100

>> Here makeinfo (GNU texinfo - 4.8) does not capitalize the S for @xref,
>> so I was not aware of any such a problem.  Or does it capitalize them
>> only in the printed manual?
>
> It should capitalize them everywhere.  Are you sure it doesn't for
> you?  Not even at the beginning of a sentence?

Only at the beginning of a sentence.  Anywhere else it does _not_
capitalize them.  But maybe Emacs' Info is more clever here than the
stand-alone reader?

> I suggest
>
>   The default for @var{window} is the selected window.

Fine.  I'll use that.

>> Are such indentations necessary for formatting or are they a stylistic
>> convention?
>
> I think it's a convention to have the first paragraph of a section not
> to be indented, and indent all the others, although the manual is not
> always consistent in this.

It seems to me that more often the first paragraph is indented and the
remaining ones aren't.

> What makeinfo does is controlled by @firstparagraphindent and
> @paragraphindent.

Shouldn't `fill-paragraph' be able to DTRT then?

martin