Re: Unibyte characters

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Unibyte characters
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 20:18:41 +0900

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
> But I think this is inaccurate and even misleading.  For starters,
> unibyte buffers and strings can contain DBCS characters and UTF-8
> encoded text

It doesn't seem inaccurate or misleading -- it's talking about
characters as emacs (and the user, if the buffer is displayed) sees
them.  Text in a unibyte buffer is simply a bunch of binary characters
0-255; you can interpret them however you want, of course, but that's
not how emacs sees it.

-Miles

--
Road, n. A strip of land along which one may pass from where it is too
tiresome to be to where it is futile to go.