Re: emacs.bash?

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: emacs.bash?
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 01:04:21 -0400

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:

> Chong Yidong wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know what's the purpose of etc/emacs.bash, as opposed to
>> running `emacsclient -a emacs'?
>
> There is some discussion of this in bug#890 (perhaps this is what
> prompted your question though).

Thanks, now I remember that discussion.  I've removed the mention of
emacs.bash from the Emacs manual.

I've also rewritten the documentation of the Emacs server substantially.
If anyone is familiar with the Emacs server/client functionality, I
encourage you to take a look, and check if I screwed up anywhere.