Re: Problem building emacs from CVS under MSWindow due to CR/LF and adds

From: Vincent Belaïche
Subject: Re: Problem building emacs from CVS under MSWindow due to CR/LF and addsection
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 20:33:28 +0200

Hello,

> Do you have EMACSDATA variable set in the environment or in the
> Registry? If so, remove that variable and try again. This variable
> overrides the default place where Emacs looks for its data files (the
> value of `data-directory'), including the charsets directory.

FYI,

Actually I have not EMACSDATA nor in my environment variables, nor in
the registrty. If I open an MSDOS console and I type

echo %EMACSDATA%

The answer is just %EMACSDATA%.

But the thing is that I made the build from inside Emacs, and there
EMACSDATA is set to the current Emacs etc directory (even though I do
not set EMACSDATA in my init file)...

I will try again with typing SET EMACSDATA= before building.

I don't think that it is strange to build emacs from inside emacs, as
long as you just build, not install. This is what I did.

VBR,
Vincent.

PS: Maybe there should be some robustness against this situation in the
makefile, something testing INSIDE_EMACS along with EMACSDATA.

Souhaitez vous  « être au bureau sans y être » ? Oui je le veux !