Re: Info-use-header-line

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Info-use-header-line
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 19:45:47 +0300

> Header lines may be set by minor modes and not just the major mode being
> implemented.  An example is tabbar.
> Is it a good idea to hide the header line if the user chooses to not
> display a header line in a mode?  I think not.
>
> A really good solution would, by the way, show global and local header
> lines, but I think there's only one header line allowed at this point.

There is a special buffer-local mode tabbar-local-mode, but it requires
explicit enabling in every Info buffer.  So I agree that a simpler
solution is to not overwrite the global value of the header line at all
when Info-use-header-line is nil as implemented in your patch.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/