Re: Recent CVS Emacs breaks color-themes

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: Recent CVS Emacs breaks color-themes
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 11:22:58 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Manoj Srivastava <address@hidden> writes:

>         I have those settings in my X resources file for emacs wrt
>  fonts.  I start emacs on Debian with
>  %  emacs -Q
>  I have
>
> /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacs-snapshot/emacs-goodies-el/color-theme.elc
>  The key strokes to see the issue are:
> c o l o r - t h e m e <return> <escape> x c o l o r
> - t h e m e - d e e p - b l u e <return> <help-echo>
> <escape> x v i e w - l o s s a g e <return>

>         The first C-x b <return> puts me in the *scratch*
>  buffer. Everything in the buffer is readable at that point. I load the
>  color-theme package, and load the deep blue color theme, and now every
>  character in the buffer is replaced by an square box.

I tried exactly the same thing, but can't reproduce the
bug.  Aren't there anyone else who can reproduce this bug?

>         This happens every single time here. I can provide the
>  color-theme.elc file (also found in the Debian package emacs-goodies)
>  to help in debugging.   I tried attaching the color-theme.el file, but
>  the mail bounced (I suspect due to size)/

>         Please send me mail off-list if you want me to send you a copy
>  of color-theme.el.

My color-theme.el has this header.

;;; color-theme.el --- install color themes

;; Copyright (C) 1999, 2000  Jonadab the Unsightly One <address@hidden>
;; Copyright (C) 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003  Alex Schroeder <address@hidden>
;; Copyright (C) 2003, 2004  Xavier Maillard <address@hidden>

;; Version: 6.5.5