Re: start emacs without creating frames and connect with emacsclient lat

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: start emacs without creating frames and connect with emacsclient later
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 08:44:56 -0400

    I strongly suspect that the proposed patch is a bit naive and will need
    more work to make it work right (the fact that it ends up not calling
    frame-initialize at all is very suspect).  I.e. it will lead to several
    new bug reports.

I won't argue for installing code if it isn't correct.

My point is simply that this is more in the nature of
completing a recently added feature
than adding a new feature.  I don't see that a feature
freeze should be so rigid as to exclude this sort of thing.