Re: gnustep build broken

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: gnustep build broken
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 00:19:38 +0000 (UTC)

Miles Bader <miles.bader <at> necel.com> writes:

> I tried again today to build NS emacs using gnustep, and it broke pretty
> early, after succeeding only to build lib-src.  Apparently it is
> expecting to be build on mac-os using apple's make?
>    make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/emacs/gnustep/src'
>    Makefile:72: /Additional/base.make: No such file or directory
>    Makefile:73: /Additional/gui.make: No such file or directory
>    make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/Additional/gui.make'.  Stop.
>    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/emacs/gnustep/src'
>    make: *** [src] Error 2

It appears that @GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES@ is not being set/substituted by configure.
Configure tries to find this by the line:

 GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES="$(source /etc/GNUstep/GNUstep.conf; echo
$GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)"

Does /etc/GNUSTEP/GNUSTEP.conf exist on your GNUstep installation?
If it is a different path, is there any way this could be discovered
through an environment variable or an executable on the path?