Re: inputting characters by hexadigit

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: inputting characters by hexadigit
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 17:33:59 +0900

"Juanma Barranquero" <address@hidden> writes:
>> One funny idea.  How about using C-u (u for Unicode) as this way?
>>
>>  C-u 0 x X X X X RET  for U+XXXX   (and C-0 x X X X X RET)
>>
>> C-u 0 x and C-0 x are noop now.
>
> FWIW, I like this one much, much more than the convoluted C-q alternatives...

This behavior seems much, much, weirder, since it doesn't hook into any
existing command in a way that make any sense...

Where exactly does this get implemented anyway?   `self-insert-command'?

-Miles

--
Neighbor, n. One whom we are commanded to love as ourselves, and who does all
he knows how to make us disobedient.