Re: line-line-move-visual: was line motion problem

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: line-line-move-visual: was line motion problem
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 12:01:51 -0400

David Reitter <address@hidden> writes:

> OK, there is still the paragraph marking function. The following two
> major items (and some smaller issues) have been addressed:

Please don't add a menu-bar entry for this.  The menu-bar is already too
cluttered.

Also, I'd suggest a couple of tweaks to your docstrings:

> +  "Face used to visualize NEWLINE char mapping.
> +
> + See `blank-display-mappings'."

Don't capitalize "newline".

> + (defvar show-newlines-newline-code
> +   (vector (make-glyph-code 182 'blank-newline) 10))

Add a brief docstring for this.

> + (define-minor-mode show-newlines-mode
> +   "Mark newlines in current buffer"

This should also say something like "Newlines are marked using the glyph
specified by `show-newlines-newline-code'."

If no one objects within the next 2 days, go ahead and check your code
in, with the above docstring fixes and without the menu-bar entry.
You'll also need a proper ChangeLog entry and a brief entry in etc/NEWS.