Re: Emacs vista build failures

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Emacs vista build failures
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 13:08:29 +0900

Richard M Stallman <address@hidden> writes:
>     Note that the current standard X distribution, Xorg, now uses gnu auto*
>     tools for configuration.
>
> That is good news, but the general problem remains
> as far as I know.  Has there been a general move towards
> supporting the GNU configure and build specs?

As far as I know (I don't hack on X, I just read the mailing list), the
entire build infrastructure was replaced, and you can now do
"./configure ...; make" etc., and things work in the normal GNU
style.

[X was also modularized so it's not just one huge tree anymore, but
rather a bunch of smaller packages.]

-Miles

--
Alliance, n. In international politics, the union of two thieves who have
their hands so deeply inserted in each other's pockets that they cannot