Re: line-line-move-visual: was line motion problem

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: line-line-move-visual: was line motion problem
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 12:37:47 -0400

On 16 Jul 2008, at 12:26, Stefan Monnier wrote:

Yes, it should be a define-minor-mode (with name ending in "-mode").
Can someone make this change?

What do we conclude from the discussion related to this?

My understanding is that we were going to have visual navigation (arrow keys, C-n, C-p) default to on, and leave default behavior of C- a and C-e as is, with some code (from the visual-line-mode that I posted) to optionally remap C-a and C-e to visual navigation as it is sensible in text modes.

Should this be one minor mode that defaults to on, or should we have two minor modes then? Also, should C-a and C-e default to the visual mode in all text modes? (Would that just go in text-mode-hook?)