Re: Finding the source of Change Log entries

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Finding the source of Change Log entries
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 12:48:09 +0300

>>> Would it be acceptable to bind next-error and previous-error in this
>>> mode, so users could use them to navigate between points of interest in
>>> the ChangeLog, similar to error logs and grep/occur output?
>>>
>>> I'd find that really helpful, and can write the glue code necessary.
>>
>> I think it would be a good thing, and this could be implemented
>> on top of Martin's code.
>
> Sorry, but I think that it would be the bad thing because could to
> block regular C-x` usage just because my current (or last visited)
> file was in ChangeLog mode...  Please, do not do this, or, if it
> really needed for someone, keep it turned off by default.

Don't worry, we already took care of this situation, so when a ChangeLog
file is visited by C-x `, the next C-x ` will not start visiting ChangeLog
entries.  Instead, it will continue visiting the initial list.  C-x ` will
visit ChangeLog entries only after you typed C-c C-c in the ChangeLog file
(thus initiated a new set of visiting points for C-x `).  For more information
you can read the thread http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/22957

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/