Re: Emacs vista build failures

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Emacs vista build failures
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 06:27:57 -0400

   > I recently reinstalled gNewSense and the installation took me
   > about 5 minutes, excluding the time it takes to copy data from a
   > CD-ROM to a HDD.  But I know that it does take over a full day to
   > install Windows XP, it is something I sadly do once every other
   > week.

   :-) OK, but clearly since you do it every other week, the process
   takes much less than 20 days.

It is done in parallel.

   I challenge you to write a recipe, suitable for a newbie without an
   internet connection, how to get a GNU/Linux system connected to the
   internet, on the assumption that any magic spells supplied by the
   distribution have failed.  Point out where he can find the
   necessary info, and how he could discover that that is where he has
   to look.

http://www.gnewsense.org/