fringe symbol for newline

From: David Reitter
Subject: fringe symbol for newline
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 10:28:06 -0400

Now that we have improved wrapping to support DTWW, it would be nice if the fringe could mark visual lines that end with a newline. Currently, we can only mark continuations, but given that continuations are rather common, and lines with a newline at the end more rare (marking the end of paragraphs), I would much prefer to mark the exceptional lines.

This would provide analogous functionality to longlines-show-hard- newlines in longlines-mode.