cygwin gdb

From: René Kyllingstad
Subject: cygwin gdb
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 13:52:01 +0200

Hi,

I'd like to set up a minimal .emacs to let others start using Emacs as an
interface to gdb where I work.

It turns out that cygwin gdb writes windows style paths as part of the
interactive log, but cygwin style paths as part of the annotation
information Emacs uses.

So while I was seeing c:/foo in the gdb interaction buffer, gud-find-file
would try to access /cygdrive/c/foo.

This is silently ignored, so the only symptom you have is that the source
is not being displayed when you hit a breakpoint and step through the code.

Including cygwin-mount.el in Emacs would address this, but I'm not sure of
the copyright situation there (I've written the 2 copyright holders listed
in the file, Michael Cook and Klaus Berndl.)

Another option would be to detect this situation and notify the user that
cygwin-mount.el should be set up to display the source code.

Any opinions?

-- René