Re: What is the difference between down-mouse-3 and mouse-3

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: What is the difference between down-mouse-3 and mouse-3
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 13:37:30 -0400

>  3. M-x eval-buffer
>  4. click right mouse button, select "Sub Menu" "Previous Line", the cursor
> does not go to previous line, but if select "Next Line", the cursor moves.

Oh... so that's what you meant by "does not work"?
Please be more precise next time.  I just tried to pop up the menu and
it worked.

Now I tried your recipe and indeed the "Previous line" entry in the
submenu doesn't seem to do anything.  With a recent checkout of the CVS
trunk it works correctly, tho.  So either the problem was fixed between
the March 29 and April 8, or there's something more subtle going on.

> That may be the answer. But if it is true that bind mouse menu to mouse-3
> doesn't work for submenu, I think the elisp manual should emphasize this.

No, it *should* work.
But bugs are part of life,

        Stefan