Re: Default of send-mail-function

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Default of send-mail-function
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 23:50:55 +0100

Reiner Steib wrote:
IIRC, the "big" desktop environments (Gnome[1], KDE) also have
something like a system mail handler.  Maybe
http://www.freedesktop.org/ specifies some standard way.

On Gnome, we could use gconftool -g /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/mailto/command We'd probably also want to check /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/mailto/enabled to ensure it is enabled.

If this information is available via dbus, that might be a better way of getting it.