edo-mode emits a blank line at EOF in .ido.last

From: Jim Meyering
Subject: edo-mode emits a blank line at EOF in .ido.last
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 20:19:25 +0200

Hi Kim,

Thank you for ido-mode!
I'd been using iswitchb and have just upgraded ;-)

I noticed that ido-mode sometimes emits blank lines at end-of-file
in .ido.last.  That causes a write-hook I use to prompt me about it.
For example, I see this at the end of ~/.ido.last: (note the trailing
blank line)

  ;; ----- ido-unc-hosts-cache -----

Would you please consider changing it not to do that?

Thanks,

Jim

BTW, this is with emacs built from latest VC'd sources this morning.