Re: Subpixel averaging

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Subpixel averaging
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 03:22:40 +0900

Chong Yidong writes:

 > Maybe we should provide Lisp variables to allow setting the hintstyle
 > from within Emacs.

FWIW, in XEmacs we simply exposed the whole fontconfig API to Lisp,
except for stuff like memory management which are done by Lisp
automatically.  I haven't heard of this particular problem, but if we
see it and fontconfig APIs are insufficient (which IMO would be
considered a bug in fontconfig or Xft), I think we would probably do
the same thing for Xft APIs we need.

I would think that hintstyle is probably accessible via fontconfig.