iso-2022-7bit coding changed (Was: Garbled non-Ascii characters in Chang

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: iso-2022-7bit coding changed (Was: Garbled non-Ascii characters in ChangeLog files)
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 11:29:27 +0100

Sven Joachim skrev:
> It seems that non-Ascii characters have been messed up in ChangeLog
> files for a while.  For instance, the latest entry in lisp/ChangeLog in
> EMACS_22_BASE looks like this:
>
> ,----
> | 2008-03-25  Johan Bockg$(Q)[(Brd  <address@hidden>
> |
> |     * info.el (Info-isearch-search): Always return point.
> |
> `----
>
> The trunk show similar garbage for Jan Djärv's changes in several files,
> apparently starting after the merge of the unicode-2 branch.

It seems to be some change in Emacs itself.  I use C-x 4 a to add a ChangeLog
entry, and in Emacs it looks OK.

The old coding för Djärv prior to the unicode merge is (\E => escape)

  Dj\E,Ad\E(Brv

but now it is

  Dj\E$(Q)Z\E(Brv

Both are displayed correctly in Emacs from HEAD, but not in Emacs 22 (or
earlier).  I don't know if this is a bug or an intentional change.

        Jan D.