Re: Honoring traditional defaults

From: Sascha Wilde
Subject: Re: Honoring traditional defaults
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 13:23:19 +0100

"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden> wrote:
> Sascha Wilde wrote:
>> That does not mean that the defaults should never change, it only means
>> that the main target of the defaults shouldn't be what newbies might
>> _expect_.  (Note, how that is different from what might be really
>> _useful_ to newbies.)
>
> You can only think that way if you assume that you know more in a
> certain case.

True.  But someone knowing both, the concepts and ideas behind "the
Emacs way" and those of common GUI applications (and maybe a bunch of
other non GUI editors) definitely _does_ know more than one who only
knows CUA GUI stuff.

cheers
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde
"If you were young again, would you start writing TeX again or would