Re: new frame-parameter "alpha"

From: Seiji Zenitani
Subject: Re: new frame-parameter "alpha"
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 18:47:10 -0400

Hi,

On 2008/03/19, at 12:16, Stefan Monnier wrote:
Looks good. Tho maybe I'd put the call to x_set_frame_alpha directly inside x_update_cursor (and rename it to x_update_cursor_and_opacity).

I don't mind the use of "alpha" rather than "opacity", as long as the
docstrings are clear.  The patch needs to also update the manual.
And could you describe the copyright status?

The frame parameter code and the x_set_frame_alpha function
were written by Ryo Yoshitake.  He is ready to sign.

Could you send him the appended form (and Cc me along the way)?

Done.

The lower_limit variable and the x_set_alpha function originally come from
mw32fns.c (e.g. mw32_set_frame_alpha in l.1019-1078) in Meadow,
although they look differently because of my extensive modification.
http://www.meadowy.org/meadow/browser/trunk/src/mw32fns.c (slow connection)
I am contacting Mr. Horiguchi, the author of the relevant part.

Copyright only applies to actual code, not ideas, so if the code was
rewritten, copyright does not apply any more.

In order to make sure, I extracted
the relevant lines which I ported from Meadow to GNU Emacs.
Let me know if there are any problems.

Attached 1 - the original lines from mw32fns.c

Attached 2 - the relevant part of our patch (in frame.c)

Seiji Zenitani
address@hidden