Re: Emacs Bazaar repository

From: dhruva
Subject: Re: Emacs Bazaar repository
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 10:30:48 +0530

Good that the decision has been made. Since it is bzr, the earlier we
have an official bzr emacs repo the better it is. I can focus my
efforts on testing bzr and hope to see its performance improved. Like
the git repo on savannah, we need a bzr repo to play with real fast.

-dhruva

On 3/18/08, Karl Fogel <address@hidden> wrote:
> dhruva <address@hidden> writes:
> >  With lengthy discussions having taken place on this SCM issue, what
> > are we waiting for? Are there really any concrete plans to move to a
> > dSCM or are we just wasting talking about features and shortcomings of
> > each tool. Any outcome of ESR study?
>
> I think you may have missed the news :-).
>
> We decided on bzr, which in practice seems to mean "some people are
> seriously testing bzr, and once we have a good conversion and are
> satisfied we can get work done, someone will install it on savannah and
> that repository will be the new master".
>
> All of the DVCSs seem good.  No one marshalled any compelling arguments
> in favor of one versus the other on technical grounds, and all other
> things being equal, RMS (and maybe some others, perhaps including Yidong
> and Stefan?) preferred bzr because it is a GNU project.
>
> The above is a summary of what I take to be the current state of things.
> My personal opinions: I'm also happy with bzr, and would be equally
> happy with any of the usual suspects among free software DVCS.  I just
> hope we can switch the master soon.
>
> -Karl

Contents reflect my personal views only!