Re: Usability suggestion : completion for M-:

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Usability suggestion : completion for M-:
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 13:27:09 +0100

Drew Adams wrote:
I said, "M-TAB or ESC TAB".

I noticed, but I find ESC TAB quite a bit inconvenient for such a common operation as completion.

- TAB is rather commonly used for completion (for example when reading file names in Emacs, in shells, hacks to use
TAB for completions in Emacs are seen as positive by some Emacs users)

Did you read what I wrote? TAB can be used for some other, better completion
in M-: than symbol completion - completion that would be consistent with
other minibuffer completion (complete the whole input, then RET to enter).

Sorry, I missed that part.

Do you mean adding closing parenthesis? Then it could be combined I believe.