Re: Emacs Bazaar repository

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: Emacs Bazaar repository
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 11:04:47 -0700

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

  > > From: Matthieu Moy <address@hidden>
  > > Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 10:58:13 +0100
  > > Cc: Andreas Schwab <address@hidden>, address@hidden,
  > >   address@hidden

  > > [...]
  > > As opposed to that, bzr has to get a global view of history at least
  > > to get the revision numbers (there was some plans caching this
  > > information, I don't know what's the status).
  > >
  > > That said, the time for bzr log to start should clearly not be _that_
  > > long.
  >
  > Incidentally, why are we concentrating on "bzr log"? is that a
  > frequent operation?

For me it is.  Every time I change some code that I am not 100% sure I
know, I do a vc-annotate and then from the *vc-annotate* buffer vc-log
and vc-diff on the "interesting" lines.

  > Aren't "push" and "pull" much more important, as far as speed is
  > concerned, for everyday work?  Also the equivalent of "cvs diff", I
  > think.  Those are the ops I use much more frequently than "log" and
  > "annotate".

diff is surely much more frequent than "log" and "annotate", but it also
takes more than a minute with bzr (much slower than CVS).