Re: incomplete comment colorization in terminals

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: incomplete comment colorization in terminals
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 13:51:25 -0400

     > This feature was introduced because on the Linux console the comment
     > face was hard to read (red on black).

    That's not my recollection.  Indeed red is very easy to see on black when
    there is sufficient brightness.  ISTR that RMS added it to minimise power
    consumption on laptops.

The former is correct -- I found it hard to read comment text in red
against the black background.  I don't think that this was limited only
to when I had the brightness turned down, I think it was always.

In any case, I would not mind if some other change is made for the
white background case.