Re: position on changing defaults?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: position on changing defaults?
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 10:03:44 -0400

> But S-right C-5 S-right, also just marks 5 chars, as the C-5
> prefix deactivates the mark set by the first S-right.

This, and the issue with scrolling, makes me think that the `only'-TTM
is maybe not the best approach.

> BTW, we discussed making transient-mark-mode the default - so
> can we assume that transient-mark-mode is _on_ for the shifted
> movement keys to work?  Or do we have to find a solution which
> works also for transient-mark-mode off (e.g. setting it on
> temporarily as Miles approach did).

AFAICT, the approach I proposed where most/all the movement commands get
changed to call a special function in the interactive spec wouldn't
suffer from any such problems.  I think it's the best approach so far.

        Stefan