Re: Shift-movement selection

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Shift-movement selection
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 17:40:20 +0100

Stefan Monnier wrote:
The way I see it, the (un)shift handling would be done in the
`interactive' spec of those commands.  Would that be too late?
In which circumstance?

But if a user wants to use a particular movement function to extend the region and the interactive spec says that this function shuld deactivate the mark?

Or am I misunderstanding? Do you say that only commands that have this particular `interactive' spec should activate/deactivate the mark (depending on whether the shift key was used or not)?

In that case I like the suggestion.