Re: position on changing defaults?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: position on changing defaults?
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 10:51:45 +0100

Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:

> The fact that you need to type C-j instead of RET when creating a
> buffer does not seem such a huge imposition, it if makes selecting
> buffers much easier for everyone else (assuming we don't find a better
> solution).

I don't think we need more idiosyncratic interfaces in Emacs by default.
If we can clad the functionality into something not requiring special
keystrokes and learning, everyone is better off.  Special modes with
non-essential functionality requiring additional learning should remain
off by default, I think.