emacs client/server mode hardcodes /tmp path

From: Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò
Subject: emacs client/server mode hardcodes /tmp path
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 16:43:56 +0100

Hi,

I'm working to make use of pam_mktemp in my systems by default,
pam_mktemp is a PAM module that creates a private temporary directory
per-user inside /tmp and sets TMP and TMPDIR accondingly.

Unfortunately emacs (server.el) and emacsclient hardcodes the path for
the socket to use to /tmp (/tmp/emacs${userid}/${servername}), rather
than checking TMPDIR (as [1] tells to do, by the way).

[1] http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/standards.html#Semantics

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
http://blog.flameeyes.eu/