Re: Submission of Matrix Kronecker Product for calc

From: Jay Belanger
Subject: Re: Submission of Matrix Kronecker Product for calc
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 21:22:25 -0600

Vincent Belaïche <address@hidden> writes:
> Maybe this can be useful to somebody else.

Yes.  Would there be a problem if I tidied it up a bit?
Altogether, it would end up 20 lines or so; to be included in Calc,
we would need legal papers from you.

> (defun calcFunc-kron (x y)
> "Kronecker product of matrices x and y.

If x and y are not explicitly matrices, I take it they will be
implicitly considered matrices.

> After computation the result may be desembedded from matrix so that
> the Kronecker product of two scalars is a scalar,

Why should the result not be a matrix?  Is it useful?

Jay