Re: MAINTAINERS file

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: MAINTAINERS file
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 18:01:11 +0100

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 5:51 PM, Karl Fogel <address@hidden> wrote:

>  Please, yes :-).  Stefan's right, it doesn't really matter, any of the
>  distributed VCSs will be good for the Emacs team.

Well, I mostly agree. I have no axe to grind, dVCS-wise. My "axe" is
more towards the tool being somewhat Windows-friendly.

I know that most, if not all of them, run on Windows; I've tried
bazaar, git, mercurial and darcs. I'm more worried about CRLF
conversion issues (AFAIK, bazaar has no support for automatic
conversion, but I'd love to be wrong about it) and whether ssh or
other authentication methods for write access are available on the
Windows ports.

>  (Note: I'm a Subversion developer, but agree that a distributed system
>  will be better for this particular development community.)

I think we know who you are, Karl ;-)

             Juanma