Re: On the new startup and scratch buffer

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: On the new startup and scratch buffer
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 23:31:42 +0200

>> I also fixed a problem that when Emacs doesn't show the fancy startup screen
>> and uses `normal-splash-screen' instead of `fancy-startup-screen' then
>> it should follow the same logic that if there are a file name given on the
>> command line then it should display the first file in the top window and
>> the startup screen in another window below it.
>
> Are such changes in behavior really necessary at this stage in the
> pretest?

These fixes are caused by changes made earlier on the Emacs 22 branch.
They are part of fixes that are intended to implement the behavior agreed
on emacs-devel and approved several times to do on the Emacs 22 branch.
Since they fix unintentional behavior they can be named bug fixes.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/