Re: TODO

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: TODO
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 09:08:48 +0900

Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:
>   > > The goal is not to revert the buffer after a checkin.  Right now files
>   > > are reverted by default after a checkin (because of the possibility that
>   > > keyword expansion can change the file?).
>   >
>   > Surely only backends like CVS that actually do keyword expansion revert
>   > the file, right....?
>
> No, the file is reverted anyway.  AFAICT there's no way right now for a
> vc backend to specify that it does not want to revert the file after
> commit....

Looks like low-hanging fruit to me... :-)

[Even backends that _do_ do keyword expansion might easily be able to
detect whether it's really necessary or not for a particular commit, and
indicate that to vc.]

-Miles

--
Faith, n. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without
knowledge, of things without parallel.