Re: [gmane.emacs.bugs] Emacs fails to start properly if the current work

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [gmane.emacs.bugs] Emacs fails to start properly if the current working directory is on a vfat or ntfs filesystem
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 20:57:47 -0500

> Here is a patch against EMACS_22_BASE.

I'd rather use a less arbitrary scheme.  E.g.
- only accept unchanged safe chars (rather than rule out
  dangerous ones), e.g. [:alnum:] and maybe a couple more.
- everything else encoded following quoted-printable.

Of course, QP applies to bytes, not to chars, which also points to
a potential problem with [:alnum:] since it includes multibyte chars
which may also be rejected, but I think that would be safe enough for
a start.

> Chong, Stefan, is it OK to check this in now, or do you want to leave
> the branch until after 22.2 is released and only fix it in the
> trunk now.

I'd include it in 22.2, tho it depends on the final shape of the code.

        Stefan