Re: bruce.el

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: bruce.el
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 14:29:02 -0500

    Err, what's the point of lisp/play/bruce.el? It is spook.el with
    `spook' replaced by `bruce', and a data file that doesn't exist by
    default. An exercise in surrealism? I've read the commentary and I
    still don't get it.

The data file is empty because the requisite contents would have been
prohibited by the CDA itself.

See etc/CENSORSHIP for more explanation.

The CDA was 12 years ago, and I believe the Supreme Court did declare
that provision unconstitutional.  It would be good to add a note to
the end of etc/CENSORSHIP with a reference to an EFF page with more
information.

This issue has mostly good away and been replaced by other worse
threats to human rights in the US.  So perhaps we should delete
bruce.el.  If not, a reference to etc/CENSORSHIP would help explain
it.