Re: Debbugs testbed

From: Walter Franzini
Subject: Re: Debbugs testbed
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 10:29:59 +0100

Xavier Maillard <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
>    The only drawback I can see it that it assume you are using Emacs to
>    send/read email.
>
> Hum, currently, M-x report-emacs-bug is also using GNU Emacs
> iternals to send an email. There is no need to read your email
> into GNU Emacs to be able to report a bug (hopefully).

In order to send email (not this one) I need to configure smtpmail to
use a specific server, port and enable starttls with not empty
credentials.  Maybe I'm not the only one.

I think that the default Emacs beahviour is not, and can't be, enough
to cope with policies that you find in a corporate network.

--
Walter Franzini
http://aegis.stepbuild.org/

PGP Public key ID: 1024D/CB3FEB43
Key fingerprint  : FA26 C33B CAFF 7848 EFEB  7327 96AA 2D57 CB3F EB43
Key server       : http://www.keyserver.net