Re: Info-build-node-completions has an extra `*' node

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Info-build-node-completions has an extra `*' node
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 16:35:06 -0500

>     Hmm. Really? I don't see it in my copy of Emacs 20:
>      In GNU Emacs 20.7.3 (i386-*-nt5.1.2600)
>       of Thu Dec 21 2000 on buffy
>      configured using `configure NT'

>     It doesn't show up in *Completions*, and if I type `g * RET' it says [No
>     match].

> That surprises me, since I recall this feature is very old.
> I think it goes back to PDP10 Emacs.

> Perhaps it was broken or missing from GNU Emacs for a while.

I don't have a Emacs-20 at hand to try it out, but if it was broken in
Emacs-20, then it seems like nobody uses it because noone complained
about it.

Also currently the feature is broken in the sense that most Info
commands just signal an error because they can't find the data they want
at (point-min).

        Stefan