Re: Bug trackers

From: Don Armstrong
Subject: Re: Bug trackers
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 21:25:46 -0800

I'm one of the current upstream developers for debbugs; Manoj pointed
me at this discussion in IRC earlier (CC if you want me to respond, or
obey M-F-T. ;-)).[0]

It wouldn't be too terribly difficult to set up an instance of debbugs
to allow testing to see if it will work for emacs development. I also
wouldn't mind making changes as required to make it fit in better with
the emacs development model[1] (as debbugs is rather Debian specific
now.)

The codebase is here in a bzr repository:
http://bugs.debian.org/debbugs-source/, the mainline branch is our
"distributable" branch, and the "debian" branch is the code that is
actually running on bugs.debian.org. If someone who wants to set it up
needs a hand configuring it, let me or address@hidden
know.[2]

Also, feel free to ask if you have questions about specific features
of Debbugs.

Don Armstrong

0: Hopefully I haven't hideously broken this thread; unfortunatly, the
lack of mboxes on the web archive makes that "interesting".

1: I don't really know how you all develop emacs, so I would need
significant input on what changes were needed.

2: I don't currently have a demo of it set up, though I have had one
running in the past.
--
Grimble left his mother in the food store and went to the launderette
and watched the clothes go round. It was a bit like colour television