Re: Woman path : adding l10n man pages

From: Frédéric Perrin
Subject: Re: Woman path : adding l10n man pages
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 21:01:50 +0100

Le Mon, 04 Feb 2008 14:58:34 -0500, Glenn Morris <address@hidden> a
écrit :

> Andreas Schwab wrote:
>
> > LANG can also contain a language alias.  There is no requirement
> > that the first two character have anything to do with the
> > language code. Moreover, the language should actually be derived
> > from LC_MESSAGES.
>
> Please try this patch. I have no idea if `woman-expand-locale' is
> returning a sensible list of alternatives.
>
> [patch snipped]

As far as I can tell (but then again, I don't necessarily have the
required expertise), Morris' patch works as expected, with « M-x woman
RET su RET » allowing me to see the French manpage for su (in fact,
it gives me the choice between /u/s/man/fr/man1/su.1.gz
and /u/s/man/man1/su.1.gz). Similarly, starting emacs with
« LC_MESSAGES=spanish ./emacs/src/emacs » (all other $LANG and
$LC_* variables being set to fr_FR.UTF-8) gives me manpages in Spanish
(well, for the handful of them which are present on my system).

I suggest installing this patch.

Please CC me in further discussions, as I'm no longer subscribed to
the mailing list.

--
Fred