Re: choice for the new emacs icon

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: Re: choice for the new emacs icon
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 22:08:39 -0800

Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:

> We got 2 versions for a replacement for the emacs icon.
>
> RMS said:
> "They both look good to me, but it is hard for me to choose between them.
> Please ask emacs-devel."
>
> So here they are.
> Please choose one.

I prefer emacs_128.png. I see it the most at 16x16 so it better sing
at that resolution :-).

There is precedent for changing the icon on each major release, so I'd
go along with the game.

Ideally, the icon should fit comfortably on many different kinds of
desktops, but given that many if not most of our icons are based upon
GTK, if we lean in any direction, I'd recommend that it be GNOME.

--
Bill Wohler <address@hidden>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD