Re: CUA-mode features and documenation

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: CUA-mode features and documenation
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 01:58:25 +0100

Miles Bader wrote:
Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:
_Instead_ of?  I think you've been smoking too much Xah Lee...
I am not an extremist but it seems that having two similar menu items
will be too confusing.  I think `cua-selection-mode' is closer to what
most users expect from this type of thing nowadays.

Most users expect MS word.  That's not what Emacs is.

transient-mark-mode is a popular and straight-forward feature that
highlights (heh!) Emacs' native command set, and I don't think we should
bury such things.

Is it not reasonable to assume that most new users expects and wants the behaviour that cua-selection-mode gives?

Can you explain what is lost if cua-selection-mode is used instead of transient-mark-mode?