Re: 23.0.60; RMAIL reading of mail file

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; RMAIL reading of mail file
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 21:55:24 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, jpff <address@hidden> writes:
[...]
> When I was tracing the operation what I notices was that it has found
> a \033 character, and that triggered a call to detect_coding_iso_2022
> on line 7379 on src/coding.c
>   The detect_coding_iso_2022 looks at all the remaining characters of
> the file as far as i could see, via
>     ONE_MORE_BYTE (c);
>       switch (c)

> That seemed to get almost to the end of the file (end?) and then
> return.  The main scan started again until the next \033 when the
> whole procedure was repeated, scanning to the end.

> I can confirm that the 118mins is repeatable, and emacs 22 did the
> same in 8secs

> You can have my RMAIL file if necessary -- not sure there is much
> sensitive in it.  Or I could send snapshot values from gdb
> investigations.

I'd like to test with your RMAIL file (of 95Mb).  If
possible, please put it somewhere I can reach by anonymous
ftp or wget.

By the way, are those \033 characters a part of real
iso-2022-based encoding?  If not, please try with setting
inhibit-iso-escape-detection to t.

> BTW do you work on rmail in general? There is a long standing bug
> with reading mail from two places in the the same g command

I'm using rmail, but reading mails from only one point.  So,
I don't know about that problem.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden