Re: gdb --args does not work in emacs/src ...

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: gdb --args does not work in emacs/src ...
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 08:51:45 +1300

 > Not so rare when you use gdb --args, which is all the time for me nowadays.
 > It's very convenient to just prepend gdb --args to the command you want
 > to debug (which is probably already available in the shell command
 > history)

You only need to start gdb once as it will re-read the symbols if you edit and
recompile Emacs.

>          and not have to worry about passing arguments to "run"...

That way the you only need to pass arguments to run once just as you
would on the command line with gdb --args and you keep the gdb history.

OTOH , it doesn't bother me if you want to delete the set args line from
.gdbinit in the repository.