Re: [21.1.90]: point put at point-min in *compilation*

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [21.1.90]: point put at point-min in *compilation*
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 14:52:19 -0500

    To achieve the former, comint could have a third setting for how it
    moves point, where point movement would be on a timer (by default
    expiring somewhere in the neighborhood of 300ms at a guess).  Or if
    you're multitasking and checking progress only in your peripheral
    vision, you could slow it to 1000ms or even more.  Probably instead of
    scrolling at the end of the window, which would result in jumps, do a
    recenter after each forward-line.

I can't see concreteley what sort of point movement you have in mind
to do when the timer goes off.  So I don't understand the idea.
But I think that having point move a few times a second would be
disastrous for any attempt to do editing.