Re: choice for the new emacs icon

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: choice for the new emacs icon
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 10:46:28 +0100

Jason Rumney <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup wrote:
>> Well, you are living in a country that makes do with the ASCII subset:
>> not much room for trouble there.  I certainly did experience problems.
>> \201 is probably a hard-wired visual for me.  After the Unicode merge,
>> there won't even be much of an opportunity for bugs/coding problems to
>> trigger \201 nostalgia.  We'll get different artifacts if at all.
>>

> What did Emacs 19 display for that particular ISO control character?

It is not an ISO control character.  It is a MULE character sequence
starter for the iso-latin-1 subset IIRC (which is why we will stop
seeing it, at least once no temporary/autosave files from Emacs 22 are
present anymore).  So you would have had no interesting opportunity to
see it in Emacs 19.

--
David Kastrup