Re: Improving X selection?

From: David De La Harpe Golden
Subject: Re: Improving X selection?
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 05:58:23 +0000

On 03/02/2008, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

> If you convince me there is a problem, I will look for other
> solutions; I certainly won't use this one.

Other solutions - fixing select-active-regions with an idle timer that
polls the region for changes?

Here's a (standalone, i.e. against CVS, not incremental to other
patches) attempt with run-with-idle-timer.  Seems to work okay, though
is probably
not incredibly efficient (has got to be better than doing something
every single point move though).

[Because I put it in simple.el and it uses timer, had to change load
order in loadup.el...]